Fair Use, Mobile Commons and Media Scholarship
Social Media and Active Learning
- When: Friday, February 11, 2011 : 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Location: University Park Campus, Hedco Neurosciences Building (HNB), 100
- Contact: Otto Khera, (213) 821-3049
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone-In at toll tree: (888) 488-3171 Conference ID: 13308 #
Cinematic Arts’ Steve Anderson leads a discussion on rights and responsibilities related to fair use in the 21st century classroom. Click here for the video archive.
Have you ever wondered about the legality, ethics or practicalities of publishing, teaching or assigning students to work with copyrighted media?
Steve Anderson, founder of the online media resource and fair use advocacy site Critical Commons, will address the myths and realities of fair use, best practices in fair use, recently expanded exemptions to the DMCA, and the practicalities of working with media across a full spectrum of scholarly and pedagogical activities.
At the heart of Critical Commons (Mobile Commons) is an online tool for viewing, tagging, sharing, annotating and curating media within the guidelines established by a given community. The goal is to build open, informed communities around media-based teaching, learning and creativity.
To participate remotely:
1. Phone: Toll Free: (888) 488-3171 Conference ID: 13308 #
2. Web login: http://bit.ly/dRYOzN