In-Class Polling Strategies for Student Engagement
Social Media and Active Learning
- When: Friday, March 4, 2011 : 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Location: University Park Campus, Hedco Neurosciences Building (HNB), 100
- Audience: Faculty, Staff & Students
- Contact: Otto Khera, (213) 821-3049
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://cst.usc.edu/events/rsvp.html
An expert faculty panel shares experiences, research results and teaching strategies for leveraging polling for student engagement, agile teaching and rapid feedback loops. Click here for video archive.
“Clickers” for in-class polling have been at USC for more than seven years. Exploring the results of this implementation will be Chris Forest, assistant professor of Clinical Family Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC; Tom Lyon, Judge Edward J. and Ruey L. Guirado Chair in Law and Psychology; and Helena Seli, an educational psychologist at the USC Rossier School of Education.