Video on Syllabus: Leveraging Multimedia for Teaching and Learning
Where is Learning?
- When: Friday, September 28, 2012 : 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Location: University Park Campus, Hedco Neurosciences Building (HNB), 100
- Audience: Faculty & Staff
- Contact: Otto Khera, (213)821-3049
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web Site: http://cst.usc.edu/events/rsvp.html
Learn how USC faculty are leveraging video to strengthen their students’ understanding of complex subject matter, and their students’ ability to express structured thoughts through multimedia.
Professor Alison Dundes Renteln of Political Science describes her experiences using video in her international human rights course. DJ Johnson of the School of Cinematic Arts and the Institute for Multimedia Literacy (IML) discusses his use of audio-visual archives in teaching, and how his students create visual arguments instead of term papers. DJ Johnson will share his insights into grading audio-visual assignments.
Dan Leshem, associate director of the USC Shoah Foundation will moderate the discussion and provide an overview of the Shoah Foundation’s Visual History Archive tools, resources, and upcoming related workshops and events. Visit Site