Besides offering regularly scheduled training workshops throughout the academic year, the Center for Scholarly Technology (CST) also provides group and customized training for USC faculty and staff about how to use evolving technologies to support teaching and learning.
For example, Blackboard-certified trainers are available to present customized, face-to-face training workshops for groups of five or more. Workshops can cover single or multiple topics.
Popular training topics include:
- Blackboard 101: an introduction
- Assessment: creating tests and surveys
- Assignments: creating, grading, and returning assignments to students
- Blackboard Basics: setting up and organizing a course, making it available, getting help
- Grade Center: setting up and using Blackboard’s Gradebook
- Turnitin and GradeMark: checking for originality, providing student feedback, grading work
- Using Multimedia: uploading, embedding, and using multimedia content
For one-on-one or departmental consultations, or to schedule a live training session for five or more people, please send an email to email@example.com.