Teaching and learning take place in many settings. From traditional classrooms, auditoria, and computer centers, to outdoor areas and online spaces, learning environments span the gamut of physical to virtual spaces.
The Center for Scholarly Technology (CST) works closely with the other groups within Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) to lead the academic community in identifying innovative uses of technology.
CST provides support for USC's learning environments in the following ways:
- Consults on learning space design and upgrade projects
- Works with instructors to use the classroom audio/visual equipment to best support pedagogy
- Identifies, explores, and tests new and emerging learning environment designs, technologies, and tools for future adoption
- Brings communities together to discuss issues and opportunities related to learning environments
- Provides resources for assessing learning environments