Copyright and Intellectual Property Guidelines
Follow the guidelines below to help ensure that your courses comply with federal legislation.
Teaching with technology may present new questions about the use of copyrighted materials. To learn more about copyright-related issues, click the links below.
- USC Libraries Copyright Information
- Baruch College Interactive Guide to Using Copyrighted Media in Your Courses
- University of Texas Copyright Crash Course
- Creative Commons Licensing
- Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Academic and Research Libraries
All online and technology-enhanced content and activities must adhere to federal Section 508 and 504 guidelines for accessibility. Use the resources below to ensure that your online materials meet these guidelines.
- Disability Services and Programs (USC Center for Academic Support)
- U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Information Site
- U.S. Department of Education Section 504 Resources
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) requires accrediting agencies to ensure the validity of online student assessments at academic institutions. To ensure that your online assessments are valid, consult with USC's Testing Bureau.